On Purpose, delivering a branded customer experience that people love.
Eight practices define the essence of being On Purpose. They describe the actions and behaviours of those brands that are transforming their markets through creating meaningful and intentional customer experiences; brands like Burberry, Zappos and Lego.
In this masterclass Shaun Smith will share the findings from the research for his best-selling book co-authored with Andy Milligan, and some of the techniques his company, Smith+co, uses to help organisations become purposeful in their direction and in the experience they deliver to customers. This highly engaging one-day programme uses case studies to illustrate the principles and then allows participants to apply these principles to their own situation with coaching from the facilitator. For this reason we recommend that several senior executives from the same organisation attend so that together, they can address real business issues.
The workshop will enable participants to:
- Understand the practices and behaviours that will enable them to transform their markets
- Understand how to align the organisation behind a customer-focused purpose
- Define a genuinely differentiating brand promise
- Deliver a customer experience that is dramatically different and drives customer advocacy
- Create an employee culture that is as distinctive as the customer experience
- Find, hire and retain employees that fit the ‘DNA’
- Use social media and digital marketing to create a community of brand fans
- Understand how to measure and sustain the experience to generate a positive ROI
What We'll Cover
STAND UP – What does your brand stand for?
- PURPOSE DRIVEN
- Does your purpose matter? Learn the five essential questions to test if your purpose works.
It’s not just about creating a purpose – you’ll learn techniques for simplifying it and turning it into a narrative that enthuses your people and then into a brand promise that engages your customers.
- PURPOSEFUL LEADERSHIP
- Learn about the 3 things you need to do really well to lead the experience – and the 3 things to avoid at all costs.
- Learn how you demonstrate leadership behaviours that reinforce your brand and culture rather than undermine it.
- INFECTIOUS COMMUNICATION
- Brands that stand out are the brands that clearly stand for something. And the brands that people trust are those that demonstrate authenticity in what they stand for. Learn how ‘trusted’ brands communicate their brand promise and values.
- Bold brands see the involvement of their customers in the development of their products as a key part of marketing to them. Learn how to use customer co-creation as part of your marketing strategy.
- The burning question is how best to use social media and mobile technology to engage customers. We’ll demonstrate some of the innovative viral and social media practices that brands are using to get closer to customers, build relationships and foster brand communities.
STAND OUT - Being different
- DISTINCTIVE CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
- How to create customer journeys across multiple channels.
- Why just mapping customer touch-points is no longer enough. We show you how to choose where to ‘over-index’ to dramatise the experience and select what you wish to become famous for.
- How do you evolve your contact centre to become an experience centre?
- INNOVATION – In pursuit of WOW
- How to avoid the fate of the ‘rocking-chair’ brands. How do you challenge conventional thinking and industry norms to ‘Zag’ when everyone else is ‘Zigging’?
- Why should you study comparators rather than competitors? Why is best practice bad practice?
STAND FIRM - Sustaining success
- DISTINCTIVE EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCES
- Why relying on traditional HR practice and customer service training will doom you to deliver a mediocre customer experience. We share the tips and tools that will change the way you think about hiring and motivating your people to deliver the experience.
- CREATING A CULT-LIKE CULTURE
- The question we get asked time and time again is how do you get each person to deliver a consistent experience at every touchpoint in every location every day? The answer is ‘you won’t’ – unless you build an employee experience that mirrors the customer experience, and a culture that lives and breathes the brand values.
- Learn the power of brand narrative and language that connects people instinctively around your brand.
- Sustaining your customer experience is incredibly tough, requiring constant innovation to keep ahead of changing customer lifestyles and aspirations. See how to build a culture of innovation that will help you sustain a differentiated experience.
- EXPERIENCE MEASUREMENT
- It’s not just about an annual mystery shop or satisfaction survey. You’ll learn how you measure the complete end-to-end experience and the upstream indicators that drive your financial results.
- How do you win approval for customer experience investment when everybody is being asked to tighten their budgets? We show you how you can use our CEM calculatorTM to demonstrate the potential ROI of your investment.
SESSION FOUR- making it happen
- ALIGNING YOUR ORGANISATION
- How do you align your organisation to deliver a great customer experience?
- What can we learn from the brands and the leaders who have become successful?
- PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Individual action planning with coaching from the facilitators